2 mL crimp vials are commonly used in analytical laboratories for storing and transporting small volumes of liquid samples. These vials typically have a capacity of 2 millilitres and feature a crimp top, which is a sealing method that involves using a crimping tool to attach an aluminium cap to the vial.
Here are some key points about 2 mL crimp vials:
- Material: They are often made of clear or amber glass to allow for easy visibility of the sample and to protect light-sensitive samples.
- Crimp Top: The crimp top closure provides a secure seal to prevent evaporation or contamination of the sample. The aluminium cap is crimped onto the vial’s neck using a specialized crimping tool.
- Septa: A septum, usually made of rubber or silicone, is placed between the cap and the vial to create a tight seal. The septum can be pierced with a syringe needle for easy sample extraction.
- Applications: These vials are commonly used in chromatography applications, such as gas chromatography (GC) and high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). They are also used in other analytical techniques where small sample volumes need to be preserved.
- Compatibility: It’s important to ensure that the vials and caps are compatible with the specific autosampler or instrument being used in the laboratory.
- Sizes: While 2 mL is a common size, crimp vials are available in various sizes to accommodate different sample volumes.
- Labelling: Vials may have labelling areas or surfaces for easy sample identification.
When using 2 mL crimp vials, it’s crucial to follow proper handling and storage procedures to maintain sample integrity and prevent contamination. Additionally, adherence to laboratory safety protocols and guidelines is essential during the handling of these vials and their contents.
Further clinical information can be found on our blog page: www.nicheofficesolutions.co.uk/category/niche-healthcare-news
For products not found on our online website, please view our Healthcare catalogues: www.nicheofficesolutions.co.uk/healthcare-catalogues
View our Healthcare YouTube videos Playlist
If you have any additional questions, drop us an email at email@example.com