- Type of spine support: cervico-thoracic
- Patient type: paediatric
How to apply a soft (foam) collar:
How can you care for your child at home?
- If your child was given a neck brace (cervical collar) to limit neck motion, make sure your child wears it as instructed for as many days as your doctor says to. Do not have your child wear it longer than you were told to. Wearing a brace for too long can make neck stiffness worse and weaken the neck muscles.
- You can try using heat or ice to see if it helps.
- Try using a hot water bottle for 15 to 20 minutes every 2 to 3 hours. Keep a cloth between the hot water bottle and your child’s skin. Try a warm shower in place of one session with the hot water bottle.
- You can also try an ice pack on your child’s neck for 10 to 15 minutes every 2 to 3 hours.
Check out our some of our new innovation range products below: