Weight conversions are ( although delivery units etc do weigh in grams now they convert to lb’s also)
<1000g = 2.2lb 1500g = 3.3lb 1400g = 3lb
Features & Benefits:
- The one-piece design of our MAM Comfort guarantees maximum safety and corresponds to the recommendation of the
American Academy of Paediatrics (AAP).
- The small shield design leaves more space for breathing masks and other medical devices .
- The low weight and small size mean that the lip and tongue muscles are not overworked .
- The particularly small teats are very well accepted by babies and are optimally adapted to the special needs of premature babies and newborns.
- The symmetrical shape means that both soother types are always positioned correctly in the mouth, and this also makes it easier for hospital staff to handle them.
- Our MAM Preemies can be custom fitted, meaning that they can be better adapted to the shape of the face.
- MAM Preemies and MAM Comfort are suitable for cleaning and germ reduction in autoclaves (from 121-134 °C/ 250 – 273 °F for 15-18 minutes).
The advantages of using soothers with premature babies
Approximately 10 % of all babies are born prematurely in modern industrial countries.
1.Scientific research has shown that sucking on a soother can support babies’ development and
2.In addition, the American Academy of Paediatrics (AAP) recommends the use of a soother to reduce the risk of SIDS (Sudden Infant Death Syndrome).
A soother satisfies the natural sucking instinct and can improve oxygen saturation during and after nasogastric feeding.
3.The transition from gavage feeding to breastfeeding or bottle feeding can be accelerated.
4.During medical interventions, premature babies are soothed more easily and pain is also alleviated6
Conclusion: Sucking on a soother is an effective and simple way to support premature babies.