Feature & Benefits
- Sanitation – Hygienic warm compress.
- Blood flow promotion – Helps to encourage blood circulation in the perineal area before child birth.
- Labour support – Can help labour to progress naturally and minimise the need for surgical intervention or iatrogenic complications.
- Highly recommended – For use within home birth procedures, as increased blood flows to the key area can aid a natural birth at home.
- The best time to use the warm compress is during the second stage of labour. Heat compression, when applied during the second stage of labour, is an inexpensive low-risk treatment that can help reduce perineal trauma.
- Hold the Niche Instant Warm Perineal Compress against the women perineum during and in between pushes in the second stage. Warmth can help blood vessels dilate and increase blood flow to the areas of the body and improve tissue flexibility and stretch.
- Once applied, the gentle pressure will hold it in place, so the whole perineum will then benefit from the warmth of the compress.
- It is normal to feel a stinging and/or burning sensation.