High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) vials are specialized containers used to hold samples for analysis using HPLC instruments. HPLC is a chromatographic technique used to separate, identify, and quantify components in a mixture. The vials play a crucial role in ensuring the integrity of the samples and the accuracy of the analysis. Here are some key points about HPLC vials:
- HPLC vials are typically made from materials such as glass or plastic (polymer).
- Glass vials are commonly used and are preferred when the samples are sensitive to plastic leachable.
Size and Design:
- HPLC vials come in various sizes, but common sizes include 1.5 ml and 2 ml.
- They often have a narrow opening at the top to facilitate the injection of the sample into the chromatograph.
- Vials are sealed with caps or septa to prevent contamination and evaporation of the sample.
- Septa are often made of materials like rubber or silicone and act as a barrier between the sample and the external environment.
- HPLC vials need to be compatible with the specific HPLC system being used.
- The vials should be inert to the samples being analysed to avoid interference with the chromatographic separation.
- HPLC vials must be thoroughly cleaned and free of contaminants to prevent interference with the analysis.
- HPLC vials are often used with autosamplers, which are robotic devices that automate the injection of samples into the HPLC instrument. Vials need to be compatible with the specific autosampler in use.
Labelling and Identification:
- Proper labelling and identification of HPLC vials are essential for traceability and to ensure accurate record-keeping.
- When working with HPLC vials, it’s crucial to follow good laboratory practices to avoid contamination and ensure the reliability of analytical results. Additionally, users should be aware of the specific requirements and recommendations provided by the instrument manufacturer and any relevant standard operating procedures in the laboratory.
Further clinical information can be found on our blog page: www.nicheofficesolutions.co.uk/category/niche-healthcare-news
For products not found on our online website, please view our Healthcare catalogues: www.nicheofficesolutions.co.uk/healthcare-catalogues
View our Healthcare YouTube videos Playlist
If you have any additional questions, drop us an email at email@example.com